So you’re scrolling through Instagram and wondering how are these people traveling so much and how can I make this happen? We’ve gathered a few vacation planning ideas for you. Whether you’re thinking about a trip and living abroad or, you’ve done this a few times and need to go back to basics – we got you.
Top 7 Travel Planning Tips to help you get started on your new getaway goals:
- Write down your trip ideas in a notebook. This will help as you are planning to keep everything together in one place. Decide and define where you want to go, when, with who and for how long. By specific and say, “I am going to South Korea” instead of “I am going to Asia” it will help make a more definitive goal and get you where you need to be!
- Research your costs and start saving. Will your airfare be covered or how much will it be? Do you want to live there and work, backpack, stay in a hostel or stay in a luxury hotel? How much are accommodations, attractions, activities and restaurants? If you know restaurants and activities are an average of $30 a day and you are going to be in South Korea for 14 days, you’ll need to save $420.
- Research vaccinations and passports/visas needed for your trip and get your necessary travel documents in order.
- Tell your credit card company you’re traveling and automate your recurring bills.
- Cut costs and look for ways to save money. Get creative with where you save money, here are a few of our top pics:
• Cut out your daily Starbucks (this helps more than you know)
• Cook at home instead of eating out
• Get rid of cable to save $50-$100 per month. Hulu and free (and legal) streaming TV there’s no reason to keep cable around.
• Get rid of cable and use online streaming services to save $50-$100 per month
• Get a travel rewards credit card
• Check for last minute deals for your destination and try to be flexible with dates
For the pro’s
- Determine Your Where + Why Resources for Freelancers: UpWork, FlexJobs, Freelancer
- Resources for Teaching Abroad + Volunteers: Dave’s Esl café (this is where our Editor found her position teaching abroad back in the day ;), Teach to Travel, Epik and TeachAway
By using these tips as a guideline, you can better organize and prepare for your trip. If you are looking for more in-depth information about planning a trip email us at info [at] entire-magazine.com and our team will help you out.
Recent Posts: Entire Magazine | Fashion, Fitness, Health & All That's In Between
Beauty For Freedom: When Beauty And Fashion Become Powerful Allies In The Fight To End Human Trafficking
The Expat Stories: How The Wandering Socialites Started Their Business Creating Content Around The World